Flow, that elusive state of extreme productivity. Here are 10 ideas to help you achieve the state of flow.
- Eat a delicious salad. With steak.
- Be happy. Don’t have any lingering arguments with the people in your life. Arguments sap your mental and emotional energy.
- Go somewhere new. Loud is good. If you can get into flow in a loud place you’ll have the focus to stay in flow for a long time.
- Have other important things going on. Ignore them briefly while you’re flowing. This increases the desperation to get focused and productive quickly.
- Do something. Anything. Starting is the thing.
- When you’re halfway through sometimes you’ll hear a whisper of the “real world” trying to sneak in to distract. Push back against this.
- Before starting, take a walk to get your blood moving and your heart pumping.
- Stimulate your creativity by writing, drawing or playing a musical instrument… anything creative helps.
- Stuck? Shake things up. Go wild – run down the street. Switch desks. Make a change.
- Turn your phone off. Delete the Facebook app. Ignore it – you’re flowing. Nothing. Stops. You.